Getting what u want isn't always cool
Aug 25, 2006 3:30 PM
You know.I've prayed a long time for various gifts, for various job opportunities and for success. For people. For a lot of things. I wonder if it's sometimes good to get what you want. Maybe you can't handle it. I've prayed for a certain number of students and hours at work quickly, and I got it. I've prayed for certain spiritual gifts for 2 years. i'm actually gettin them and growing them.i've prayed for gigs once a week that bring in some cash. I've prayed to be able tor ecord and use my talents and abilities.I'm actually gettiung them, double fold now.Much more than what i wantor ask for even. I've prayed for many things. And i'm seeing answers to many of them. These are all good things.And i'm thoroughly grateful to God. But i wonder, right now, can i actually handle what i'm asking for? Is that why God held it back so long? Perhaps he knew the real desires of my heart. And it's not these things. Sure success is awesome. But in the end, what do i want but to abandon myself to God.Forever...... The only thing that satisfies. But thank you God...and give me strength to handle whatever that you've given me.
Aug 25, 2006 3:30 PM
You know.I've prayed a long time for various gifts, for various job opportunities and for success. For people. For a lot of things. I wonder if it's sometimes good to get what you want. Maybe you can't handle it. I've prayed for a certain number of students and hours at work quickly, and I got it. I've prayed for certain spiritual gifts for 2 years. i'm actually gettin them and growing them.i've prayed for gigs once a week that bring in some cash. I've prayed to be able tor ecord and use my talents and abilities.I'm actually gettiung them, double fold now.Much more than what i wantor ask for even. I've prayed for many things. And i'm seeing answers to many of them. These are all good things.And i'm thoroughly grateful to God. But i wonder, right now, can i actually handle what i'm asking for? Is that why God held it back so long? Perhaps he knew the real desires of my heart. And it's not these things. Sure success is awesome. But in the end, what do i want but to abandon myself to God.Forever...... The only thing that satisfies. But thank you God...and give me strength to handle whatever that you've given me.
Comments