Skip to main content

What is the problem? Me!

I have discovered something about myself. I really find it hard to accept people for who they are, especially if who they are makes me hurt or uncomfortable. One of the primary reasons is: TADA, I don't like staying as who I am either. I'm not satisfied with status quo. I want to keep moving. That's a good thing. But it's a bad thing when it's applied to everyone besides me. That I cannot control.
Boundaries has taught me: I am responsible for myself. I cannot control my emotional reactions, but I can continue their continuity, or the actions that spring forth form them. I cannot control others. I cannot expect them to change for me. The world does not revolve around me.
Fundamentally, I think I am selfish and self-centered. Mom used to complain, "you live and let live. You never move an inch more than you have to." Well, that has changed a lot. I am so inspired by God, and I do love people much more. I am willing to step out a lot for the people I love. Pour out a lot.
HOWEVER, I expect a lot too. Inside somethings says, "CHANGE. Why don't YOU change? can't you see this is making it hard for me? Or this hurts me?" People don't change for me. :). God is the only one who changes them. I might berate them for being lazy and unmotivated ["how CAN you just waste time like that. Why can't you work harder?"], or unspiritual ["you don't care about growing in God. So Slow"], or harsh "Why aren't you tactful? You hurt my sensitive feelings". In the end, I think my motivations are selfish: "CHANGE because CHARIS doesn't like it." So I can't get people to change. Stop it Charis! I can't even change myself sometimes. God....your grace....
Well. it's a long hard process. Where do you find the balance of loving yourself and people, yet never letting myself stay complacent in growth? God, you tell me. Sigh.

Comments

Ppix said…
Loving yourself the way you are..hmmm that is the key. On the journey together lovely, but definately getting there.

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...