The enemy likes to attack us where we are weak. And sometimes, they know us better than ourselves. I think depression and a sense of failure or never being good enough has been haunting me on and off for many years. These few days, I was struggling with invisible forces that kept shouting thoughts like "how pathetic that effort is" and "no matter how hard you try you're going to fall short". Others "God's promises give you great expectations that are never met" and "just gear yourself up for the real world, where bad things always happen".
I know there are others who struggle like me. Struggle to discern whether the voices are your own or from the enemy. Struggle to renew and rebuke when you're tired and dissapointed. Struggle to thank God when trouble or dissapointment chokes your heart.
God was saying yesterday, 'Charis where do you stand? Standing in Me , nothing is impossible. You will always have what u need'
Where is the balance of doing your best and letting God do the rest?What is best anyway? At what cost? Should we be proud of the work of our hands even though we know God have the hands anyway?
I love you God. Please be my comfort and counsellor. For your glory ... you desire truth in the inward parts.
Comments