I was moved to pray for a sister-in-Christ in the church service and give her some prophetic words of encouragement.
When I was hearing her share her troubles, I realised that she sounded so much like me when I was struggling with doubt and depression. When I felt like life was just numb and all I could do was keep on moving. She asked exactly the same questions and threw out similar emotions and complaints of anger, of hurt and of deep pain. Of loneliness and feeling like the odd-one-out. Sometimes of absolute despair.
I've moved on from that phase of life. But only just, and I remember it full well. Perhaps my troubles were not exactly like hers, but the experience of the dark tunnel was so similar.I know what it is to have a bleeding heart and to know the frustration of "hey....I feel so lousy. But i can't snap out of it.I know it can be much worse, but I already feel ready to die of the emotional pain"
God never fails to use our deepest pains and hardest trials to bring comfort to others, if we persevere and persist through them with his grace.
God has sent several to support me through tough times.
May I also be faithful to help others.
When I was hearing her share her troubles, I realised that she sounded so much like me when I was struggling with doubt and depression. When I felt like life was just numb and all I could do was keep on moving. She asked exactly the same questions and threw out similar emotions and complaints of anger, of hurt and of deep pain. Of loneliness and feeling like the odd-one-out. Sometimes of absolute despair.
I've moved on from that phase of life. But only just, and I remember it full well. Perhaps my troubles were not exactly like hers, but the experience of the dark tunnel was so similar.I know what it is to have a bleeding heart and to know the frustration of "hey....I feel so lousy. But i can't snap out of it.I know it can be much worse, but I already feel ready to die of the emotional pain"
God never fails to use our deepest pains and hardest trials to bring comfort to others, if we persevere and persist through them with his grace.
God has sent several to support me through tough times.
May I also be faithful to help others.
Comments