I must say, after 17 years of studying, it is a real change to be just working. :). I actually enjoy it. I've always liked studying though. So i think the real issue was overload. Study, Work, Ministry all at the same time was taxing the life out of me.
Now, with 2 major things to concentrate on, it's much much better.
I mean, I'm grateful for the past 2 years. Papa has always said that the last years of uni life is useful to build endurance and perserverance.Well, many times i felt like I was going to break down but by God's grace i didin't. I have also come to the conclusion that it's only possible to concentrate on 2 major time consumers of a very different kind, not 3 at a time, and still remain holistically healthy. By holistically i mean physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.
I think my emotional health suffered everytime I overtaxed myself. When it got really bad, my spiritual and physical health went down too.
Overwork can spiral very badly into exhaustion, depression, anger and loss of joy and peace.
Now, I work at Hendra[yes it's veyr far], at Sunnybank, and at Coorparoo, teaching music about 25 hours a week. It leaves me mornings to do QT and ministry stuff if needed. I'm very grateful to God for all his provision. I have also seen favour towards me from my employers. After three years of teaching parttime, I think I've gained enough experience to be a reasonably competent piano and theory teacher. Now, I am also gaining more vocal teaching experience. Really challenging but fun.
I still don't know many things about the future. But I am more at peace than I have been for a long while.
Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who sees, the provider....Thank You.
Now, with 2 major things to concentrate on, it's much much better.
I mean, I'm grateful for the past 2 years. Papa has always said that the last years of uni life is useful to build endurance and perserverance.Well, many times i felt like I was going to break down but by God's grace i didin't. I have also come to the conclusion that it's only possible to concentrate on 2 major time consumers of a very different kind, not 3 at a time, and still remain holistically healthy. By holistically i mean physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally.
I think my emotional health suffered everytime I overtaxed myself. When it got really bad, my spiritual and physical health went down too.
Overwork can spiral very badly into exhaustion, depression, anger and loss of joy and peace.
Now, I work at Hendra[yes it's veyr far], at Sunnybank, and at Coorparoo, teaching music about 25 hours a week. It leaves me mornings to do QT and ministry stuff if needed. I'm very grateful to God for all his provision. I have also seen favour towards me from my employers. After three years of teaching parttime, I think I've gained enough experience to be a reasonably competent piano and theory teacher. Now, I am also gaining more vocal teaching experience. Really challenging but fun.
I still don't know many things about the future. But I am more at peace than I have been for a long while.
Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who sees, the provider....Thank You.
Comments