Skip to main content

23 and counting

Happy Birthday to Charis. Yes. 23 now.

I had a few little surprises that day. My student's mom found out through the school administrator that is was my big day [not wedding! but just b'day], and popped by after her lesson to give me a plate of cheese puffs and a bottle of champagne. GORGEOUS woman!

My other student gave me a little butterfly today in blue and silver. She was incredibly sweet.

One student danced to Sk8ter Boi for me. haha...that was really good for a 9 year old. Her own choreography too.

I got the extra job was applying to today too. Wow...full time hours next term most likely.

Peggy gave me a purple tulip. It is very interesting. I've had white and pink tulips, but never purple.

Mommy and Papa msged and called. My sisters sang happy birthday.

I'm 23. It sounds very mature. I'm not afraid of age. But I'm afraid of the speed of the years. wasn't I just 18 and a newbie in uni? It's all gone now. Wasn't I the young baby in lifegroup?It's all changed now.

But by the grace of God, I am who I am today. I've learnt a mountainfull of stuff these 5 years.
I've learned to love God more, I've learned to love people more. With these 2 on the way, I think I will be in a good path.....

Thank you to all who came to eat with me, for those who showered me with love.

Most of all, God, Thank YOU.

Comments

MK said…
OMG... I didn't know your birthday passed!!
Happy belated Birthday, Charis!
Keep shining shining shining for Jesus!

Huggiesss!
Charismatic said…
Thanks my dear!!MIRINDA forever
hlpe said…
happy belated birthday...can't believe we are 23 this year already! Still remember the Bradford days when we were 18!
Jasmine said…
Happy belated birthday Charis. thank you for being there for me, listening to me and encouraging me. i am grateful.

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...