It's been ages since my last proper gig, 4-5 months I think.
This salsa gig with La Gran Salsa is really God's blessing. I really need the money my resources are running quite low due to all my Sydney and Adelaide trip expenses. I also needed to get out of the routine and rut of teaching. Frankly teaching music is not my cup of tea. I'm going it for experience, for money and because I am here in Brissy [that's how most musos in Brisbane earn their money: gigs and teaching]
I also really enjoyed playing again. SOOOO rusty. Can't do a proper solo in C#minor and B7....argh...!My timing is all over the place...well at least during the first set. Warmed up a bit by the 2nd and 3rd set. Latin music is so cool...
On a more serious note,
I thank God for the opportunity to share with a girl amongst a bunch of ppl who are often anti-Christian, and sometimes have man strange values. My heart ached as I watched them and this thought came to me," At this rate, these people are not going to face Jesus at judgement day with any happiness. They're lost."
I also got to share with one of my old high school mates on Friday...long conversation...she was here for a visit after back-packing in NZ and I really prayed for the opportunity to share. God gave it to me. And my heart ached again...
Will they ever come to you God?
Comments