Right now, it's 1.17am. (My blog clock is stuffed). It's been a long week and Saturday. I'm sore and aching from a Saturday night badminton session. (Yes Pa and Ma, I'm playing badminton of all things!). Peggy, Dan and I joined NG at their regular badminton outreach thingo. Had heaps of fun. DX lifegroup already had an I-Week with badminton and that sparked my interest in a sport that I've watched but never played in Malaysia. I was ALWAYS a volleyball chick, and that will always be my first lurrve...(besides watching ice-skating and gymnastics)
I'm a leeetle stressed with the video I'm supposed to do for Grandma's 80th birthday and the song I need to write for SUFES.
Anyway, back to 'once a upon a time'..diverting a bit...had a chat with Caitlyn at C4K. I think my afternoon service bros and sisters have blessed me heaps. They are full of positivity, joy and faith in an amazing God. They constantly lift me up above mundaneness. THANKS!
And so, why 'once upon a time'? God has given me an 'aha' moment about what He wired me to do as part of His plan.
Tell stories.
Tell them far and wide.
Tell His story, tell the story of His bride all over the world, tell my story...just keep telling the stories of the redemption, of blessing, of suffering, of pain and of joy.
Tell the story of the broken people, of the hidden persecuted church...
Use EVERY means, every single gift, passion and ability He's graciously added to the mix.
Music, creative arts, speaking, writing, different languages etc.
Use every opportunity: Media, books, recordings, simple 1-on-1's...
I was always wondered what my passion was. I know we're meant to have passion for God, people and for discipling the lost. But how does God wire us to live out those passions specifically? I guess all those long reflections, the prophetic words, the circumstances, the experiences, the quiet moments when God dropped in his rhema word, are starting to fall in place.
I've loved reading and even writing books since a tender age (many attempts were really silly, but I tried). I love stories. I love hearing people's stories. I love sharing mine. I like it when everyone shares God stories. I like blogging. :)
I know now what to use music for.
It's an awesome thing to know. NOW...how do I work it out? Haih....with fear and trembling and by God's grace.
Lamp unto my feet and light unto my path - It is You.
Comments