Skip to main content

Who cares about Jesus anyway?

As I opened the door to usher in a student through the door of the studio, I heard him tell his friend emphatically,
"Who cares about Jesus anyway?"
I then asked him what they were discussing. He told me his friend believed in Jesus and asked him if he did. He said with a sneer on his little 9 year old face.
"I don't believe in Jesus"
My heart ached. And I didn't know what to say, or how to tell him Jesus loved him, or that there was God. His family is unchurched. Most of my colleagues in the workplace are unchurched. Really nice people who are polite, responsible, and moral. But all these are empty shells without God and his ultimate plan for the universe. Without the love and peace of the Lord God.
I've felt the normal dillemma of a christian in the workplace. There is so much that can go wrong if I share the gospel. I can get in trouble with parents. I can't take lesson time to do such things unless it was my own studio. How do I tell kids, and colleagues that Jesus loves them?
I worry about being not a good enough testimony. People talk about being that salt and light and influence. I feel so little and insignificant in a little Aussie music studio with all these nice but stubborn-against-religion people.
Of the 30+ students I teach in the Northside, about 2 are strong christians, another handful are nominal ones or Catholics. That's about prob 5% of the population that actually know God.
Australia Australia, for all your prosperity and stability, I fear for you...I fear for you when so many ppl are walking the broad way into ultimate destruction...
God. God. This is a prayer for the ones who seem to have everything, but so desperately need You. Please reach out and touch them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...