Skip to main content

Cook!



I seem to have taken over as the (temporary) cook in the family. Mom's really busy with her work now that school has started. She's technically only a part-tim eteacher, but at the moment she's working full-time hours.So the cooking falls to me.

I'm proud of how far I've come! Yesterday, the menu consisted of:


  • Bittergourd and chicken soup

  • Brocolli and carrot stir-fry

  • Grilled fish with garlic, ginger and soybean paste

  • Fried eggs

Today, I spent even more time and whipped up:



  • Roast topside beef.It was perfectly medium, as we all liked it. The marinade was just nice. And the sauce to accompany it was mushroom and onion!

  • Stir-fried cauliflower

  • Soup

Praise God for the opportunity to experience 4 years of cooking on my own in Australia. I now know how to feed my husband and children when I need to!


My days have been filled with laundry washing, myspace updating, church-ing and cooking!


Holidays...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!