I had a super stressed trip to work. The 120 was late. I took the 125 to GU to catch the intercampus bus to Mt Gravatt. It was too slow. THe intercampus bus had left. Nvm. I waited for the 155 which would take the same route to Mt Gravatt. It was hopelessly late. I ended taking the next 120 backwards again. A wasted half and hour chasing different late busses. URGH!
Normally, the 120 is quite reliable. Once in a blue moon it plays up and leaves poor commuters like me stranded. Sigh.
I tried to remind myself, this is when I can remember I am not in control of my own life. I might fool myself in thinking I can be independant and control my circumstances, but I can't. Taking public transport, which involves half the ppl in brisbane in my life because some late driver or lagging passenger or bus failure will affect my day, proves that.
Likewise, when we do good or bless others, everyone around us is affected, directly or indirectly.
When we sin, creation groans under it, directly or indirectly.
We are all connected. We affect each other. And God set up this system of interdependancy and consequences of actions. Good or bad.
SIgh. But i got to work alright. I didn't have time for lunch [normally i get to work half an hour earlier] so I went hungry till a blessed break came at 4pm when a student was absent. I devoured my lunch then.
The day still went okay. Praise the Lord.
Normally, the 120 is quite reliable. Once in a blue moon it plays up and leaves poor commuters like me stranded. Sigh.
I tried to remind myself, this is when I can remember I am not in control of my own life. I might fool myself in thinking I can be independant and control my circumstances, but I can't. Taking public transport, which involves half the ppl in brisbane in my life because some late driver or lagging passenger or bus failure will affect my day, proves that.
Likewise, when we do good or bless others, everyone around us is affected, directly or indirectly.
When we sin, creation groans under it, directly or indirectly.
We are all connected. We affect each other. And God set up this system of interdependancy and consequences of actions. Good or bad.
SIgh. But i got to work alright. I didn't have time for lunch [normally i get to work half an hour earlier] so I went hungry till a blessed break came at 4pm when a student was absent. I devoured my lunch then.
The day still went okay. Praise the Lord.
Comments