Skip to main content

Stepping out in Faith: Part 3

God's really been opening up opportunities to share with my students. Due to the emphasis on political corrrectness in Western Countries, I have shrunk back from sharing the gospel with Aussies.

But I remember a prophecy by Ps Donald early this year. He urged me not to quit my job, and that my ministry will start soon. It might not be prominent pulpit preaching, but it would be like the woman who put yeast in 3 batches of dough. They rose with that tiny bit of yeast [signifiying how the kingdom of God would  work. Small, insignificant beginnings like yeast and mustard seeds. But it would grow!]

I see this coming to past. It's taken a year to build relationships in my work place. Now, I'm in a position where I can have dinner with colleagues and have a good chat. I've shared through Christmas cards to certain colleagues. I've been able to pray for the sick. 

The fields are ripe for harvest, Jesus said. I sometimes wondered if that was always true. I've worked so hard at some fields before without seeing anything.  But now I see that Jesus's words probrably quite true [still testing it all out]!! Sometimes, it is one's position as labourer that matters. Am I positionally in the right place to start reaping the harvest? Perhaps many of us should question if our attitude, position and location is right before questioning the availability of the harvest. 

Now, I believe I'm in the right place for this particular season. It's very humbling. 

Part 3 for stepping out in faith. I had been talking to Rachelle about sharing to students and the difficulty of not seeming like I'm taking advantage of 'helpless' kids by talking about Jesus. She suggested that I answer whatever questions that came up and take the opportunity to sahre, though it was unwise to initiate sharing if no questions were asked.

Last week, a child did start asking lots of questions. She was very curious about after-life. She believed nominally in God and in Jesus but had pretty much no idea about the gospel. She kept asking and asking. I quickly thought through some helpful illustrations, and shared the gospel. I told her humans messed up. Look at the world. War, suffering and badness. Jesus wants to rescue us. He died on the cross for our sins. And we can have eternal life after we physically die, and we can be sure, because Jesus already went before us. He died but he came back to life and he had a new body. So that is what we will have too. We can trust in Jesus to save us from dying because he's the only one who's ever resurrected and offered life. This was in a space of 2 minutes or so.

"Ahh...right". She was quite fascinated. I went on with her lesson. But my heart was pounding. God is really opening up the doors to share. And I need to be as wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove. 

One day, I really hope to see someone genuinely trust in God as their saviour. I want to sow as many seeds as possible. I want to see many reaped. So help me God. Only You can open the doors at the right time.

It's time in my life for the church to move into the workplace significantly. Not just as a place to make money so I can have time later to do 'ministry', but ministering throughout work. 

Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...