Skip to main content

Keep bleeding love

I'm taking a break from packing. So tired.It hurts my back.

I had a ball of a time yesterday. My first Christmas in Australia. I missed my family a lot, because I've never been away for Christmas in my life. But this time, I decided to give it a try as it would probably be the last year I get to celebrate it in Brisbane.

It would have been heaps boring. But thanks to Rachelle, it was a lot of fun. Rach kindly invited my housemates and I to join her family Christmas celebration at the Sunshine Coast. The weather was absolutely great! Sunny, cool, breezy, and the sea water was at the BEST temperature for swimming. Aunty prepared HEAPS of food. Prawns, chicken, turkey, oysters, puncit, fruit and cream, steak and pork chops. We swam and napped and ate and swam and ate and napped. You get the idea. Puji, Alex, Julie and JB were there as well. It made the day ... interesting.

We ended the day with a party at Neru's new house. Kev cooked great lasagna and curry chicken. Neru made noodles and choc spiders. Yum. I love my Eurekan family. It feels like I've been there for ages. Rach agrees, because she actually thought I'd been in Eureka for 2 years. [I've only been in Eureka since February]

But back to bleeding love. As I'm packing, the reality of leaving is hitting me hard. But I'm doing this because I love God and I love people. It will be the best for myself, for everyone around me, and for the future people that I will meet that I leave at this point of time. Uprooting is never easy. My heart bleeds. But hopefully, it is not bleeding resentment and bitterness and sadness. Instead, it should just bleed love. More and more. Much better than being numb.

Friends in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, Hobart, Gold Coast. Love you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!