I was reading reviews of Brooke Fraser. I'll talk about how I feel about Brooke Fraser's music next time.There were many good reviews of her music.
But I was quite annoyed to find ppl who wrote this:
A Kid's Review I wrote the review titled 'Try some Christian music instead'. Well, I am returning with part to to tell you about the songs.The first song "Arithmetic" might be talking about God, but doesn't make much sense. The music is pretty good though. The second song "Saving the world" probably talks about saving people (as in, for Christ) but doesn't outright say so. And you might be disspointed by the non-Christian sort of song "Still In Love", which isn't about being in love with Christ. "Lifeline" is to God, and is a pretty good song. "Waste Another Day" has no message at all, and a rather not so exciting tune. "Without You" is a song to Brooke's future husband, but unlike Rebecca St. James' abosultly wonderful song "Wait For Me", it isn't about purity. I find it quite an annoying song-not the tune, the song."Reverie" once again is not to God. It has an okay tune, not too exciting though. "Indelible" is a Christian song, though seems slightly depressing. You can't tell if "Better" is Christian or not and doens't seem very encoruaging. "Scarlet" has no mesage at all and is very depressing. The album closes in "Mystery" an okay song I commented on in my last review. While I don't want to offend anyone, I am sorry to say I woudln't recommend this album. it doesn't point to God or help you. Sorry Brooke. My advice to you is to talk about GOD and tlak abtu encouraging things. |
0 of 24 people found the following review helpful: A Kid's Review While I dislike putting people/albums down I have to be honest and say I am dissapointed.Brooke became a Christian when she was 15, I became a Christian when I was 2. So being a [long time] Christian, I am more "Mature" spirtually then Brooke. it dissapoints me that someone who calls themselves a Christian doesn't talk about God. "Mystery" is the most spirtual song on the album, but it appears like Brooke is trying to hide God. The music and songwriting is fine, but I'd recommend a CHRISTIAN artist such as Nichole Nordeman. Brooke Fraser's music doesn't inspire, challenge, or encourage you like Nichole. Sorry Brooke fans, but if someone loves God woudln't they want to talk about Him?(...) The kid must be really a kid/or 2 kids with no wisdom. Brooke is one of the most strongly 'Christian' artists one can get. Wise ppl would understand poetry. Perhaps that's why the kid didn't understand the track 'Arithmetic'. More thoughts about influence in the musical world later. But seriously. The kids deserves... a good shaking. |
Comments