This post by Christine Caine is great.
Obviously it speaks to my situation now.
Obviously it speaks to my situation now.
LEAVING IS NEVER EASY
For me leaving has never been an easy thing to do. I lived at home with my mum until I married at 29. I went to one primary school, one high school, one university, have been in one church for over 20 years, have been married to one man for almost 14 years…I think you get the picture. Commitment, faithfulness, loyalty are core values of mine.I have spent much time lately pondering this scripture: “The Lord said to Abram, leave your country, your people, your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.” (Gen 12:1)Basically in order for Abraham to inherit the promise that was reflected by the multitude of stars in the night sky, he had to leave all he ever knew and loved.
His COUNTRY: leave everything familiar
His PEOPLE: common language/understanding/bond
His FAMILY: affirmation/companionship/shared history
In order to step into God’s promise you must step out by faith into an unknown future. Abraham had to move to a place he had never been before
Comments