Talking to my Lebanese housemate has been heaps interesting. He and his Taiwanese wife are quite unconventional. Firstly, they met while backpacking in Thailand. Secondly, they have not have a traditional wedding ceremony yet on both sides. They just registered their marriage and are working towards a ceremony maybe a little later. Thirdly, she did a degree in French but is now and English secretary, and he is archaeologist.
This guy, Adolf knows lots of languages (I'm starting to get introduced to the Middle-Eastern world. Well, slightly). He is fluent in Arabic, French, German and English. He knows some Hebrew, Greek and Latin. He also speaks some Chinese though he thinks he is progressing very slowly. He can understand Spanish and Italian because of his French background. Apparently, they speak French and Arabic in Lebanon as their main languages. English is catching up as a third language.
Echo [the wife] can speak Chinese, English and French.
I'm learning more about Lebanon --> what their weather is like, what their schooling culture is, their musical culture [apparently rich and thriving]. I learnt a little about their feelings towards the Israelis. I learnt that Adolf can quote Genesis 1 in Hebrew, and how he's a 'Christian'. Well, he's not saved, basically. He believes in God but he thinks religion does nothing for him.
So many unsaved here...when is the right time to say the right words?
Please pray together with me.
Night.
Comments