Skip to main content

'Sick' and 'Purpose'

My mom found a little notebook of mine dating way back to the first few years of secondary school. I found this little poem?/emo scrawl of mine. It was sooo emo that I laughed and I decided to put it up on my blog. How it reeked of teenage angst!

Sick
I'm sick of the loneliness that always haunts
I'm sick of anxiously, fearfully watching those around me
Do they really love me?
Does anyone really love you for who you are?
Sick of feeling uncertain

Changes
I hate to see myself change
Inevitable, cruel sometimes
Though you may be beside me now
Will you ever slip away from my grasp?

The next page was a little song...prob just a chorus:

How should I use this for your glory?
How should I use this in your name?
How should I show the world that you came and you gave your life?
Through this gift that you gave me

The most interesting thing is, not A LOT has changed. 
It's been 10 years or more. I don't voice things out in such a raw, emo way anymore. I talk about butterflies who die,  about phantom pain and splinters. I blog about identity and purpose. I constantly have the questions, "God, are you sure you want me to pursue an influential musical career? How can I do it to bring you glory? What is the difference between ambition and calling? Are both ok? Why is it so complicated?"

I still feel lonely here and there. Still want to be accepted and still long for people who love me, hair in a mess, blackheads, blemishes and all. But there are those people...finally. I still fear uncertainty but the the grip on me has lessened a lot. 

Funny how some things don't change a lot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!