Skip to main content

I should be SLEEPING!!!!

Listening to: How He Loves Us
Mood: So emotional I must be PMS-ey. URG

I'm just pessimistically thinking that it sometimes really...isn't that fun to be Oriental or Malaysian. Besides all the wonderful food, there isn't much else that works in my favour at the moment. 

Thinking of modern day fairytale stories like Zee Avi's, and feel kinda lost and stuck. It helps that she's dark. White people can then assume you're black. Same thing if you're Indian. At least you're Caucasian. In the entertainment business [English], it helps to be either white or black. Not Oriental. Unless you're a child prodigy violinist...or an orchestral violinist. Whatever....Something like that. Not a singer-songwriter.

Urgh. Even Charice Pempegno is darkish....of the same stock as Malays anyway. 

And of course, being Malaysian at this stage is so...annoying. I ache when I see all the unjust stuff in the country become more and more apparent because I'm older and I can understand what's going on now. I hate that we're always not good enough linguistically for anyone....our Manglish, our Mchinese, or whatever. Why does everyone spend so much time criticizing each other's accents anyway? The Brits make fun of the Americans, and vice versa, the Taiwanese think they are the be all and end all of Chinese accents, and of course, the Mainland people won't agree....and what about us South East Asians? I dunno. Coz we're descended from migrants...so we all have inferiority complexes about our language accents? 

I feel sick when I hear about political going-ons in Malaysia. And I feel guilty sometimes, like I'm not doing enough to make a difference. 

And in this Mando-pop industry....I'm not Chinese Chinese enough to be an outstanding songwriter. But from the looks of things, it will be even hard to enter into the Western industry. I don't have outstanding vocal pipes.  Don't even have really outstanding anything. You know, sometimes it would help to be really just bad at something rather than mediocre. Coz it really sucks to be half way hanging....with so called potential but never quite good enough. 

Enough....sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!