Mood: A little discouraged and perhaps PMS-ey
Feeling a little down today. I feel like my habits are a bit out of my own control nowadays...like I sleep at odd times, and wake up at odd times, and my exercise is erratic, and so is my diet. I need to maximise every minute but my schedule seems to be slipping into...'I dunno-ness'. Sigh.
I've talked to various people about the appropriate/best path to take to get to where I can get to. And I just end up confused and apprehensive. What sort of steps do I take?
Perhaps part of my 'low' mood is because I've been trying to be software online at the cheapest price and I'm getting no decent replies from the ppl I want to get it from. Been hitting barrier after barrier. Sheez! I'm just trying to buy software. Let me buy it! Or reply!
Also, Rubecca and I went to watch Yen-J's concert yesterday. It was a bit of a disappointment. The backing musicians were all very professional and mostly foreign. But Yen-J himself has no stage craft....pretty much whatsoever. I don't think his company has given him any training in basic things like introducing himself, saying hi to the crowd, saying thank you after some songs at least, and interacting with his fellow label mates. His voice is untrained and rather unclear most of the time, mede worse by the lousy acoustics of the gymnasium/hall. He sang a couple of old covers like‘夜来香’ but he had not memorized his lyrics. No feeling for the lyrics he did sing. It was like, "I'm singing this for the sake of singing this". He didn't have enough songs for a 2 hour concert, so he sang covers of 周杰伦,方大同,and 王力宏. That's ok. But it's only been 88 days since his album release. What's the rush? Why not train just a little bit more.
The concert started late. That already annoyed me. And I think the company had not given enough thought to how the people were going to arrive and enter the hall as the tickets had no numbers. Hence the delay and the wait.
Then the opening song - Yen-J arrived with a gleaming white suit that looked more Aaron Kwok than Yen-J, and he carried an electric guitar he was supposed to play and solo in style I guess. He couldn't hear himself. And he stood like a stick. Absolutely no body movements while he played a few notes. Rubecca and I were like, 'Huh?'
He is very sweet - looking. So I guess his face endears the young girls. That is his current only redeeming quality? Don't get me wrong, I like a few of his songs, I think he's very talented and musical. I believe he is full of potential. But he is very raw, he's had very little training vocally and apparently no guidance in his stage craft. He should be telling stories about his songs and why he wrote them, or even introduce their names at least. But nada. Zip. Awkward 10 second silences between songs. Long waits. And he ran off the stage before his interaction with label-mate 叮当 was over. She was...awkwardly left hanging in the middle of conversation.
Haih. Well...I believe in his potential, but I think this concert was half a disaster. A little more patience on his record company's side[and maybe his] and he would have won both little girls who love him because he's cute, and fans like me who appreciate his talent objectively. Then he would have a WIDE fan base. Now, he's half lost me. Coz I don't appreciate half-bakedness when so much hype is made out of it by the press. Yes, the articles praise him to the skies.
Btw, pictures weren't allowed in the concert, so I hurriedly snapped one. Colour's ok..but didn't focus on his face.
Btw, pictures weren't allowed in the concert, so I hurriedly snapped one. Colour's ok..but didn't focus on his face.
I feel so stuck at the moment. My chinese limits my songwriting or I would write everyday. ARGH.
God...help.
Comments