Happily ever after.....most people dream of it. I do too...but even for Christian marriages, forever is cut short by sudden death if not a painful divorce. Hudson Taylor married twice, because his first wife passed away. So did Prophet John Jacks. So did Elisabeth Elliott, who married 3 times.
Well, at least till death do us part is still somewhat glorious. And it is a faith-FULL memory.
But then you have Charles Stanley, Benny Hinn and all these people with marriages that seemed intact for 30-40 years and someone then files for divorce....
There's still a desperate longing inside for my fairytale. Wondering if it is possible on this side of eternity. I just know that Christ is the only one who's already died...so He won't die again. And he won't leave because he is faithful even when we are faithless [I've often been faithless, to my shame].
But yea....fairytales. I still wonder....
Comments