It will be alright
It's 1am. I should be asleep. I've had such late nights recently. 3am is a norm.
But anyway, just here to share a new video. I don't know if I've ever blogged about my musical partner-in-crime and one of my close pals, John Ong. I have many nicknames for him...the Ongstar, Johnnie Ongstar, Maestro Ong etc. Our friendship didn't really have a great start. We were both introduced to each other by enthusiastic church mates who thought 2 musicians should immediately click. Both of us were thinking exactly the same thing, "Is he/she really as good as people are saying? Gotta take this with a pinch of salt". When people suggested we should jam sometime, I was like,"yea sure.." while thinking, 'hmmm. maybe not...we'll see'. And he was thinking exactly the same thing. LOL.
Well, it's funny that it didn't end there. We started working closely in 2005 because we were thrown into the same worship team, and he needed a vocalist for his Masters project. Project John became Project 'Let's release an EP together with a few extra remixes of hymns'! And we released 'Reminisce', with the weird cowboy hat and all. I got my first experience in a proper studio then, and had HEAPS of fun. [As much as fun as you can with someone in the production booth constantly going 'Again. Let's try that again. Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Ok I'll punch you in from this spot.'
UPDATE:
See pic below. The days of odd cowboy hats, and denim.
WAITTTTTTT. I am STILL wearing the same denim jacket in the video as I did on the cover of the EP....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
UPDATE:
See pic below. The days of odd cowboy hats, and denim.
WAITTTTTTT. I am STILL wearing the same denim jacket in the video as I did on the cover of the EP....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Little did we know that that journey would continue for years. And we would be doing the same thing, in different levels, almost every year. HarHar. Yes, I torture him with producing my songs, and he tortures me with his 'Jam2jam' projects and his long rants about the meaning of life. Long history we have: We've co-directed the music for a rock opera, done heaps of worship stuff conferences/conventions/seminars/services, recorded a bunch of songs, spent days snapping and arguing in the studio about mixes and 'feels' of songs....
Johnnie's genius with his accoustic guitar. He's funkily gorgeous with his bass and delectable with the keyboard. My only complaint is...I really am not a fan of 80's electric guitar that he favours. [yes yes..CUT IT OUT John]
But jokes aside, it's been the greatest fun to work with someone like Ongstar and also build a great friendship as well. AND to see him finally get attached to one of the HOTTEST gals I know has also been the coolest thing!!
Enjoy the vid. John was the 2nd person I saw when I landed in Brisbane, conveniently nearby when I was locked out of my accommodation. So, in spite of me having a nasty cough, and the day being rainy and gloomy, we produced a couple of vids. Stay tuned for more!!
Comments