Skip to main content

Touring with Heaventunes

 I was touring with ‘有情天’(Heaven-Tunes) this Sunday. It's a worship organization that releases worship CD's here. Was called to fill in for a sister-in-Christ who normally tours with them but was not feeling too well and had clashing commitments. So, I learnt 13 new songs in 4 days, and soloed for a good number of them. Scary but I took it up because I should be learning more Chinese songs and I should be singing live more [though I do weekly for church]. Also, if I'm going to be singing and touring a lot in the future, I better training myself now to stretch the strength of my voice and physical body. It's better to stuff up when you're unknown and hidden by the Lord than when you're prominent and in the public eye. 

I WAS tired out by the weekend, and quite stressed a couple of days before. But I've been more aware of the anointing and empowerment of the Lord when I step on that platform. It's almost strange actually, because playing keys on worship for the last 12 years has always been slightly tiring and sometimes almost burdensome for me. 

Anyway, I'm beginning to get to know a lot of the Christian musicians in Taipei. Some pics for you to enjoy.

 Rehearsal


At a church in Taoyuan

 Big bro and guitarist, 小丘. 
He looks Indonesian, but he's full Chinese!


 Big bro took this photo.


Heaventunes International. 
Name of the organization.


This church had a GREAT congregation. So lively and receptive to the spirit. 
Shame I had no pics of them



2nd location at 永和长老教会 [presbyterian church]
Singing. Solo time. 



The pianist, 小冬


Synth player,德威


Left to right: Worship leader, Brian; guitarist, and drummer

Brian

more singing

All together now


Half of the band getting ready


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...