Skip to main content

From another blog

My friend writes really poetic, poignant posts. One of her recent one's struck a chord in heart, because it echoed the ache I feel for several of my friends who have turned away from God, or I've shared with time and time again, but they seem to have impenetrable hearts.

Quotes from her post (bracketed additions mine):

What I know, what I see, even if I told you, it might never sink into your heart right now… bit by bit.. I know God is making sense to you and seriously, my dear friend, He is the missing factor in your life.
I pray you will stop compromising yourself for all these earthly things that will fade one day.
I pray eternity will make sense to you.
I pray that your life is lived with spiritual longevity in mind.
I pray so much for you, that your heart be softened and be made new, be made whole.
Everything that you’ve tried to fill yourself with to fill this void that you have, they’ve all emptied you even more and hurt you deeper.
My friend(s), may you allow yourself this justice in life. Be happy, truly happy, living from something you are willing to die for.
One day, I will keep praying, you will see it.
One day, I (hope I) will be glad to have the honor of holding your hand and smiling – as you enter His courts!

I love you (all) – agape love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!