Skip to main content

Stuck in the mud - Emma Dean


Emma's one of my favourite Brisbane singer-songwriters. She is like Megan Washington, absolutely mesmerizing live. In this song, she articulates a lot of what's in my heart at the moment. Currently Stuck - in - the - mud and wishing for some progress, for some wisdom, for anything really....


Sometimes I look at you and think that you’re beautiful 
Stylishly so, in an ‘I-don’t-care’ way 
And I stare at you from behind painted glass windows 
The colour depending on what kind of day

And my hands press up against the glass - I can’t reach you 
So surely I will not be able to teach you your worth... 
But I’ll pray for you every night
And as I melt away, I forget that once I would dance all day to the dream I’ve yet to touch 
But how dreams fade when they get stuck in the mud

Sometimes I look at you and wonder 
If I am what’s bringing you down to the ground, and I ponder: Maybe I should work with flowers or go back and study Significant things you get paid for? 
But hurry! ‘Cos I’m getting older, and they’re getting younger 
And I feel like everyone’s staring at me 
I don’t know what you want me to be
And as I melt away, I forget that once I would dance all day to the dream I’ve yet to touch But how dreams fade when they get stuck in the mud

Am I aching your heart or just mine? 
Will it be ok if I start walking in time? 
And for you, I would nail myself to the wall - but I’ll hate you for it...
Sometimes I look at you and think: I love you so much that I’d give all this up if it meant 
You could hold me and know I was here in the moment 
And not with the puzzle and how to solve it 
But I don’t know when I’m allowed to be happy or proud 
So I’ll always tone down - did you figure it out? I’ve wanted to scream and shout

‘Cos as I melt away, I forget that once I would dance all day to the dream I’ve yet to touch But how dreams fade when they get stuck in the mud
www.myspace.com/emmadeanband www.twitter.com/emmadean83 www.facebook.com - Emma Dean Music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...