Skip to main content

Up or down


\

To be frank, I've never understood the whole female/male brooohaaa over the toilet seat being up or down. To me, if it was down, good. If it was up, I'd pop it back down. But in American movies they seem to make a HUGE deal out of it [couple fights].

An incident amused me last week at a gig. I went to the bathroom, and it was a unisex toilet. It was occupied and I was waiting patiently for my turn a few feet away from it. My friend, a guy, came out of the bathroom. And I started to head towards the door. He gave me one quick look, turned around, slipped back into the bathroom and plopped the seat down. Then he came out with a sheepish grin on his face.

I was thoroughly amused. It was nice of him to do it though I didn't expect it and I wouldn't have been annoyed if I had to do it myself. 'Well-trained American' came to mind. He'd probably make a really obliging husband. Too bad I'm not interested. 

Comments

changyang1230 said…
I thought the whole issue with the toilet seat is about men urinating with the seat down and splashing all over it? I would be much more bothered by this than a simple flipping the seat up or down. If it's down I flip it up, if it's up I keep it up. Much easier than all the fluid and wiping and splash and stuff. :)
Charismatic said…
Haha..agree....I'm more concerned about the cleanliness too...

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!