Zhe Xin (Zhe Jin's sister) left a random comment on my page that my voice in Fairy Tale Ending sounded like 順子 unplugged. I chuckled. I've had 順子 comparisons since the day I stepped into Taiwan. One, probably because we both have wide faces. And two, because we have a western jazz/soul approach to our music. What's even more uncanny is that the producer that is working with me now is, ta-da!! the producer who first discovered and developed 順子。 Yea. What a coincidence.
順子 has a gorgeous voice. One of the best vocalists I've heard around. I think her vocals are much better than mine. But I think, for now, that I write more commercially than her. Her stuff, except for the 'radio single' is very very eclectic and weird. Beautifully sung, played and produced. But definitely not easy-listening or 'commercial'. Still, she managed to be quite popular in Taiwan.
Hmmm...just a random post.
順子 has a gorgeous voice. One of the best vocalists I've heard around. I think her vocals are much better than mine. But I think, for now, that I write more commercially than her. Her stuff, except for the 'radio single' is very very eclectic and weird. Beautifully sung, played and produced. But definitely not easy-listening or 'commercial'. Still, she managed to be quite popular in Taiwan.
Hmmm...just a random post.
Comments