I get a little worried when songs that have been trending are tracks like these:
Far East Movement are an Asian-American group. I have a lot of respect for them in a business sense, and also to some extent, musically. However, I wonder if the lifestyle and the values they are consciously AND unconsciously spreading around is the best thing for their sphere of influence.
I was going to post Nicki Minaj's latest video called 'Stupid Hoe'. It was released yesterday, I think. But I was thinking that my parents read this blog and they would be probably be disgusted by the video. Heh. so i decided to post this video of Sophia singing 'Super Bass'. It's a great single, catchy and full of fun. And Sophia is a phenomenally talented and charismatic little 8-year-old.
But...
'Super Bass' lyrics....have you ever checked them out? Granted, Sophia isn't much aware of what she's singing. But still....
How does one create great art, that speaks truth , comes from an authentic place, or art that's edgy or even fantastical, yet not sink into the swamps of 'safe' and 'middle-ground' or 'boring'?
Comments