A few things I wanted to blog about. Part 1 being:
The reality of 'likes', 'dislikes', and comments
As one's exposure grows, there are more people who 'like' and 'dislike' you. I've never taken rejection well. One of the least favorite jobs was telemarketing. 100 phone calls and maybe one gets 2 positive responses among all the rude 'no's. But if I want to keep growing, I have to keep improving despite the stings of 'dislikes' or 'unlikes'.
Once in a couple of weeks, I flinch a little when people 'unlike' the fan page, or 'dislike' the videos. But I cheer myself up with the fact that it's only the videos that have received the most hits and 'likes' that are also getting 'disliked'. They are finally reaching a broader audience, which might like or dislike my music, but that's all part and parcel of this line of work.
God help me. My value and worth is in You and You alone.
I'll march on :D
The reality of 'likes', 'dislikes', and comments
As one's exposure grows, there are more people who 'like' and 'dislike' you. I've never taken rejection well. One of the least favorite jobs was telemarketing. 100 phone calls and maybe one gets 2 positive responses among all the rude 'no's. But if I want to keep growing, I have to keep improving despite the stings of 'dislikes' or 'unlikes'.
Once in a couple of weeks, I flinch a little when people 'unlike' the fan page, or 'dislike' the videos. But I cheer myself up with the fact that it's only the videos that have received the most hits and 'likes' that are also getting 'disliked'. They are finally reaching a broader audience, which might like or dislike my music, but that's all part and parcel of this line of work.
God help me. My value and worth is in You and You alone.
I'll march on :D
Comments