Been trying to do more 'singer-songwriter' gigs lately, as opposed to ministry, or musicals, or weddings (though there have been PLENTY of weddings lately. And because they have all been pretty good friends of ming, I've been singing/playing for a lot of them).
I have my jewelry designer/art-entrepreneur friend, Brendon to thank here, because he is very proactive about encouraging anything cultural or artsy-fartsy in Taipei. We were chatting one day, and he asked me if I wanted to sing regularly for his 'salon'-like group meet called "Dream Gallery" every first Sunday of the month. So I said yes, and I've done it twice now.
Theo accompanied me the first time
The little meet was at Brendon's 'paintertainment' cafe called The Escape Artist
My lovely lifegroup mates who are always supporting my gigs :D
The multi-talented boss himself, Brendon
New friends I met that night who have become fans :D
And then, I played and sang originals for a Firemaker's gig at Eslite Bookstore. It was a small thing, but still something new for me.
And here is Theo again
My new friend/fan, who came along
Next, the second round of "Dream Gallery" for me. We had a fair number people this time, about 30, and this time, my set leaned towards jazz.
Jacob, who is also a Berklee grad like Theo, accompanied me this time
Rehearsing beforehand with Jacob a.k.a. NJ
I met an NGO worker, Chrissy (first pic on left). Her awesome sharing was about the 'Grand Riders' of Taipei - 80 year olds who decided to ride (Harley Davidsons) around the island to fulfill dreams of their youth. And my loyal friends were there again ^^
Some shots captured on the mobile
Finally I stepped out to play at the open mic night at 'Riverside Cafe' 河岸留言, with the help of both Jacob and Theo. I should done this a year ago, but I don't know why I never felt quite ready to 'debut'. Well, better late than never. The boss liked it well enough to offer my a Friday night spot, which is a big compliment for singer-songwriters. Usually, most people get Wednesday and Thursday. Friday/Sat/Sun is reserved for people who can pull a bigger crowd. So, I'm excited. I'm probably gonna do my first personal Riverside outing with Ray.
Stay tuned. Busy few months ahead.

Comments