Skip to main content

'With Me 我身旁' EP and mini tour

Yes. I should have announced this earlier, but December was such a whirlwind of activity. I had barely any time to breathe. Plus, this EP was a last minute project.

There are other reasons for not announcing stuff earlier. I might not be OCD, but I have my own perfectionist tendencies. I've always wanted to release a full-length album properly, in the old-fashioned way; along with 3 music videos, radio-play, a tour to promote it etc. I'm still working towards that ideal this year, but it has been taking a long time. The Fire-makers were engaged to hold an evangelistic concert in Pangkor in Dec. Since our air-fares were covered, I decided to do a few extra shows in Malaysia with my fellow Fire-maker musos. I realized that I probably needed some merchandise if I was going to play a few gigs, and decided to prepare a little EP as an 'appetizer' for the full-length album that is to come. 


'With me 我身旁' EP cover 
Check it out at HERE

The EP has 4 tracks, but only 3 songs. I released 'Think about you' in both English and Chinese.
The other  tracks include the Chinese version of 'Through it all', and a new version of 'As I am', 
which I am personally fond of. 





 The poster designed for the mini-tour. 
Although a little wordy (my fault, and also, Taiwanese people like a lot of text on their stuff. I think I've been influenced by that), I thought the designer I worked with this time, Danny, did a really good job. 


Overall, I thought the tour went quite well. There were the expected little hiccups with sound and admin (Theo had to tripled as sound guy and videographer, besides playing guitar; and I handled most of the admin). When one embarks on music performance tours, one SHOULD really have a reliable sound guy who's sole job is to take care of PA stuff. Preferably, there should be a photographer/videographer, and a person who is in charge of admin/merchandise. All we need now is a budget that allows for it. Sigh. 

My muso mates were all great though! DC helped me out with some of the testimonies and sharing. Theo 

Here are some pictures of the tour, in chronological order:



D, T and I being silly in the car on the way to Ipoh. 
It was a TIGHT squeeze with all the baggage and instruments.


Ipoh Yum Cha


Dessert



First stop at Taiping



Poor drummer Derek didn't get many shots


Family + band shot


Alor Setar 

I really should have worn shoes:P










GMC at Sungai Petani




Pictures!




Malaysian KFC rocks! 




D is sometimes....a little....weird






On the way to Gunung Jerai on a day off




Yes we did jump shots that showed off our personalities....




The view....


Mom and her beloved flowers



It rained in one little spot



Curry meal with Aunty Piek See and family



At the Menara show. With Ywen, bff from high school




T doing his thing



Smoke but no mirrors...


Goofin' around 

D kept harping about missing Phoebe. 
She got back in time to see them for one night!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...