Skip to main content

Tired

A little rant. 

I'm tired of watching my weight. 
I'm tired of being so conscious of flab. 
I'm tired of feeling like a failure because I don't have abs.

I'm not the TV/video/photo friendly 45 kilos. 
I'm not size zero. I wasn't born with size zero genes. 

It's not right that it should bother me so much but it does. 

Almost everyone here tells me the same thing. If I want to release my music and start promoting it, I need to lose weight. I need to lose at least 5 kilos ( which will still not bring me to the magic 45 kilos). 

I don't know how to lose 5 kilos without being terribly moody and hungry. 

I will probably need to exercise 2 hours a day, and cut my calorie intake to 1000 and 1500 alternatively a day. And absolutely no desserts, no fatty food, no sleeping late. 

The thing is, if I was an athlete, I'd be motivated to adhere to a strict diet and regime, no problem. Because my work is physical, and I see the purpose of keeping my body at it's peak condition. 

But I'm a musician!! It's really hard to justify all the crappy feelings that come from such a diet or regime.If I just don't care, and let it be, I'm afraid I'll just become a blob. And they will say, you are not disciplined enough for this business. 

Sigh. Not exactly in the best of moods.
This is such a shallow to thing to be concerned about. Unspiritual....?.....It's a lose-lose situation to me.

Comments

changyang1230 said…
What? That's ridiculous.
Sulyn Ooi said…
Wha...!? You don't have to be the "perfect 45 kilos". But I know what you mean. I'm conscious of being a stick and not good looking enough for this whole thingamabob.
Siew Har said…
I agree with yr fren. You wear most clothes so well. They look very good on you which means u hv the right figure. You have never been a blob ,not ever. Most ladies are so envious of your figure. Only silly people would want u to look like Sun Yen Zi. Just exercise n eat healthily. Avoid too much rich food which is not good for u anyway. Tou are beautiful as u are.
Unknown said…
Yeah, you are beautiful as you are! You look great in most of the pictures! I don't think there is any problem! You are photogenic!!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!