Skip to main content

Tired

A little rant. 

I'm tired of watching my weight. 
I'm tired of being so conscious of flab. 
I'm tired of feeling like a failure because I don't have abs.

I'm not the TV/video/photo friendly 45 kilos. 
I'm not size zero. I wasn't born with size zero genes. 

It's not right that it should bother me so much but it does. 

Almost everyone here tells me the same thing. If I want to release my music and start promoting it, I need to lose weight. I need to lose at least 5 kilos ( which will still not bring me to the magic 45 kilos). 

I don't know how to lose 5 kilos without being terribly moody and hungry. 

I will probably need to exercise 2 hours a day, and cut my calorie intake to 1000 and 1500 alternatively a day. And absolutely no desserts, no fatty food, no sleeping late. 

The thing is, if I was an athlete, I'd be motivated to adhere to a strict diet and regime, no problem. Because my work is physical, and I see the purpose of keeping my body at it's peak condition. 

But I'm a musician!! It's really hard to justify all the crappy feelings that come from such a diet or regime.If I just don't care, and let it be, I'm afraid I'll just become a blob. And they will say, you are not disciplined enough for this business. 

Sigh. Not exactly in the best of moods.
This is such a shallow to thing to be concerned about. Unspiritual....?.....It's a lose-lose situation to me.

Comments

changyang1230 said…
What? That's ridiculous.
Sulyn Ooi said…
Wha...!? You don't have to be the "perfect 45 kilos". But I know what you mean. I'm conscious of being a stick and not good looking enough for this whole thingamabob.
Siew Har said…
I agree with yr fren. You wear most clothes so well. They look very good on you which means u hv the right figure. You have never been a blob ,not ever. Most ladies are so envious of your figure. Only silly people would want u to look like Sun Yen Zi. Just exercise n eat healthily. Avoid too much rich food which is not good for u anyway. Tou are beautiful as u are.
Unknown said…
Yeah, you are beautiful as you are! You look great in most of the pictures! I don't think there is any problem! You are photogenic!!

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...