Skip to main content

I care

I have been 'cursed' with 'caring'. I wish I didn't care about so many things, but I do. The craziness online recently about different controversial issues in Taiwan have been rather overwhelming for me. My heart is in a state of grief. Feel burdened almost everyday for the past few weeks. 

Haven't said much on Facebook. Haven't expressed too many views. I still believe that it's more beneficial to observe, to listen, to find out more. to compare, to quietly form a well-balanced view with a firm foundation. It's been even more tough than usual for me to wade through all the noise online, because it's all in Chinese. My speed in reading Chinese has improved in leaps and bounds over the past few years, but it's still a million miles behind my English reading. 

I have only stated 2 views online: One, I abhor and detest online trolling, anonymous phone threats of violence, and any other underhanded, cowardly way of expressing displeasure at the opposite side's views. I ABHOR IT FROM THE DEPTHS OF MY HEART! This I feel I need to SHOUT. Whatever your views are, state them honestly and civilly. Even with satire if you will. But show your face and name!And don't threaten the other side. 

Another view I have stated was: Traditional does not mean it's right. 'Forward thinking' is often swinging to the other extreme, which is usually just as wrong and destructive.
What we all really need are the 'timeless' truths and principles of God. (Principles are not the same things are 'rules'. That I will expand on later)

There is much that has been milling in my mind. I haven't been so burdened since the time I pondered over Calvinism and Arminianism. Praying that God will lead me on to great revelation and the wisdom to live out those revelations. 


Comments

Siew Har said…
I know what you mean. The last three years I've been feeling quite weary looking at the situation in the world and especially in Malaysia.Look at what they are doing to our land.Am I guilty or being too passive? Once I wrote, " Lord, can I not save the earth?" But then, we are not supposed to. I mean, God is supposed to do the saving. However, we feel guilty for eg last week, someone talked about how lazy we get when it comes to the Great Commission.
You've got mummy's genes?

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!