Skip to main content

Redefining success - Candice Johnson

Good to reminded of these simple principles of godly success.

BEING SUCCESSFUL IS:

1. Loving well - First and second commandment: Loving God and loving people. If we don't get this right, we have missed the point of our lives.
Application: Am I loving the people around me well.

2. Partnering with truth
Application: Destroying false mental strongholds. Taking captive every thought that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ. Not agreeing with any subtle lie or conforming to culture. Remembering: God does not speak in fear.

3. Giving what I have
Application: Who He is and what He has done inside of us is meant to be given away. Freely we have received, freely give. 

4. Doing my best (not someone's best)
Application: Not everyone is created the same.  We were never meant to do the same things. We don't the same capabilities, experiences and background. Do the best that I can do. Not someone else's best. 

5. Faithful with what I've been given
Application: Do I steward my focus? Am I focusing on and beholding things that will shape me how God wants to shape me? Do I steward my gifts, talents and finances? Do I steward my heart (quick to come to God with pain and disappointment? Quick to give God glory in every achievement? Quick to have faith in the goodness of God?)

6. Powerful. Not being a victim. Showing up. Exercising the ability to choose.
Application: Response as opposed to reaction. Choosing to respond with the right attitudes and actions. After some time, whether people know me or my heart is usually my choice. I have a choice to hide or to reveal myself. 

7. Being obedient to what God is saying and doing.
Application: Obeying the general will of God revealed in His word. AND obeying the rhema as well. 

8. Walking in gratitude
Application: Thankful for who I am and what I have. 

9. Commit, persevere and complete what I started.
Application: That means that no matter what I have to finish and release the songs that God gave me for the past season and share them with people as a blessing. Also as an expression of how God made me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

More Faith....in a GOOD GOD

Today, Miss '爆炸头' - a.k.a Winnie, a chick with a HUGE afro-ish Scary Spice hair-do prayed for me. She doesn't know me, but turned around after service and offered to pray for me. A few things came up during the prayer. She didn't specifically prophesy. But the way she was praying, she was getting stuff from the Spirit. She prayed Prov 4:18 ( The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day)  over me, for some time, stating that God would lead me, and the path would become brighter and brighter, clearer and clearer. I was to have faith. More faith that God would lead me safely and surely. She also stated the need to seek God even more through prayer for his presence and guidance (guilty. It's been difficult to be disciplined about prayer). She prayed and declared that my work would be the platform for many good things God wanted to do through me. The work and the position I had in my work was important, she...