Skip to main content

Intercessory prayer ?

I stumbled upon some news today about the developments on the abduction cases of Ps Raymond and Amri Chet Mat (https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/04/476516/govt-open-new-investigation-disappearances-amri-che-mat-pastor-raymond). 
What shocked me was not really the content of the news but the content. The last few weeks I had been reading quite extensively about prayer. The books on my list included: 


&


&



I remember having a long prayer session about a week and a half ago. On my mind were so many of my own things to pray for, but whenever I launch into a serious prayer session I always start with praying for the governments of Malaysia, the USA and Taiwan, representing all the countries my family belongs to. And then I pray for all my immediate family members (on T's side and mine) individually. Next, I pray for those already on my prayer list. If there's time left I will list out my own concerns. That particular session last week focused a bit more on justice being carried out for Ps Raymond and the others that were abducted.

I'm a little surprised that there has been a development last week...so swiftly. Honestly, I'm wondering if praying had a part to play in this development at all. I guess I won't really know for sure but the incidents are close enough for me to feel like they are. 

I'm sure many people have been praying for all these people. But I also know God might be trying to teach me something about prophetic and intercessory prayer, especially prayer that no one sees or hears but Him. Continue and see what happens?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Alicia...but....

I've loved Alicia Keys since I was a teenager. She's gorgeous, talented, with an impeccable image of ghetto funkiness plus classy elegance. Love her voice and love her ideas. But....the lyrics....have more often than not been ...disappointing. I do think this article provides accurate critique of her work.

邱振哲PikA X 陳綺貞 - 太陽 (Cover by Charis 蔡佳靈 X Stephen Rong 榮忠豪)

太陽 Sun (Cover)

There is still a chance for the 71,849 single men

I opened my facebook profile and LO and BEHOLD, I saw a string of comments, wall comments and msgs in my inbox congratulating me about my 'not-single anymore status'. Why? Because I decided to remove the 'single' listing on my Facebook profile. I merely didn't want to post it up anymore. A whim that resulted in... HILARIOUSNESS! Here are a couple of samples: "Charis has been woozy since thursday, is it luvvve??" "huh? o_O? is there something i don't know??" "so when u going to belanja us all makan??? >. "heh.... really!?....there are 71,849 single men in brisbane who will be very dissapointed... very.." "is this for real .. if so, congrats charis :-)" "Hey great news to hear, Congrats loh! By the way who is the lucky Guy?" " Hey. No longer single? Share some news. ;) " Man o man!